Santiago, Chile: 20 Nov 2018 / 14:22 hrs


Legal Representation

All foreign companies and individuals that wish to initiate activities in Chile are required to have at least one statutory (legal) representative registered with the IRS.

This representative must be an individual with some form of residency in the country (either a Chilean or a foreigner with a visa). While we encourage our clients to have their own principals act as legal representatives, in some cases this is not possible because of the residency requirement.  In certain cases, PSO’s principals are available to act as the legal representatives for our clients' branches or subsidiary companies in Chile, though the contingent liabilities associated with this responsibility must be reviewed in each case.